CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The Rocky Mountain Section American Water Works Association (RMSAWWA) and the Rocky Mountain Water Environment Association (RMWEA) have issued a Call for Abstracts for the 2023 Rocky Mountain Water Conference.
The Conference will be held Sunday through Wednesday, September 10 to 13, 2023 at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Loveland Hotel and Conference Center & Spa in Loveland, CO.
SUBMITTING YOUR ABSTRACT:
Abstract applications must be submitted through the following form:https://forms.office.com/r/hs3Jp3XxhLDownload call for abstracts document
All abstracts must contain the following information at the time of submission:
- Presentation title
- Presenter’s name(s) and contact information (phone and email address)
- Presenter’s affiliation(s) (organization) and title(s)
- Presenter’s biography, for all speakers (100 words or less, each)
- Presentation topic (choose from table below)
- Presentation abstract (300 Words or less).
- Presentation abstract synthesized into two sentences.
- Three learning objectives of your presentation. Begin your responses with verbs such as: understand, demonstrate, learn, recognize, implement, assess, etc.
If selected, presenter biographies, abstract, synthesis and learning objects will be included Conference communications and materials.
|Topic||Subtopic 1||Subtopic 2||Subtopic 3|
|Distribution / Collection||Water Transmission, Distribution and Storage||Wastewater Collections||Master Planning|
|Laboratory / Online Instrumentation||Quality Control||Instrumentation||Laboratory|
|Organizational Management / Planning||Innovation, Data, SCADA, and security||Asset Management||Funding|
|Diversity & Inclusion / Leadership||Unconscious Bias||Diversity, Inclusion||Leadership, Culture, Workforce|
|Regulations & Water Quality||Water and Wastewater Regulations||Government Affairs||Lead, Copper, PFAS, Contaminants of Emerging Concern|
|Water Reuse / Resource Recovery||Indirect and Direct Reuse||Sustainability and Efficiency||Biogas|
|Wastewater Treatment||Treatment Technologies||Operations||Nutrients, Case Studies|
|Drinking Water Treatment||Treatment Technologies||Operations||Source Water Management, Disinfection, Case Studies|
|Construction||Collaborative Delivery||Funding Options||Case Studies|
The Technical Program Sub-Committee is promoting higher participation in the following topics for 2023:
- Wastewater Collection
- Water Distribution
- Diversity, Inclusion & Leadership
- Presentations must be a minimum of 25 minutes in length with 5 minutes for questions.
- For presentations to qualify for training units (TU’s), sessions must be at 30 minutes in length.
- All abstract submissions should respect the scientific nature of this meeting and not promote products and services.
- Presenters will be required to register and pay for the Conference in advance. Presenters will be offered a discounted registration rate.
- Failure to register by the published deadline will result in the presentation being cancelled.
- Separate abstract forms must be submitted for each proposed presentation. Multiple presentations must not be submitted on a single form.
- If a “Special Session” with multiple presentations is proposed, in addition to submitting separate abstract forms for each presentation an email should be sent to Brett Pugh (email@example.com), highlighting details of the topic and listing which presentations are to be included in the session.
- All form responses are logged into the conference database for review and scoring.
- After abstracts are reviewed by the Technical Program Sub-Committee, all submissions will receive a response stating whether it was chosen for the Conference program or not.
- If your abstract is accepted, please respond with your commitment to present so that the Technical Program Sub-Committee can complete the program.
EXPECTATIONS OF SPEAKERS:
- All speakers are required to register for the Conference.
- All speakers are required to sign a Speaker Agreement.
- Speakers are required to attend or view a speaker onboarding webinar.
- Speakers will need to update an online portal with their photo and other contact info as needed.
- Speakers will be required to submit their presentations by August 30, 2023 and agree to modify if technical issues are found. A speaker resource page with guidance on presentations will be provided.
- By submitting an abstract, the presenter agrees that they will provide a substitute presenter in the event they (for emergency reasons) are not able to attend the Conference.
- For questions about the Call for Abstracts, please contact the Technical Program Sub-Committee Chair, Brett Pugh ((303) 583-0335, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Share your expertise by volunteering for the following roles:
- Members, Technical Program Sub-Committee
- Reviewers, of received abstracts
- Participants, Technical Program Planning Workshop (May 17, 2023, in the Denver area, no remote option)
- Sessions Moderators
- Room Monitors
- All help is welcome!
- Please submit your interest and contact information through the following form.