National Operations Challenge Team Resource Center
Hosted courtesy of the RMWEA
This website is provided for Operations Challenge teams to get information directly from the WEFTEC Operations Challenge event coordinators. To navigate within the OCRC use just the links in the main, white background area. Using the links on the top of the pages will take you into the RMWEA website.
|We are profoundly saddened to inform you that Robert Williams, former member of Terminal Velocity and one of our volunteers, was fatally wounded in yesterday's tragic incident in Virginia Beach. Bobby was a beloved teammate, generous mentor, and exemplary water quality professional. He will be missed. Our thoughts are with Bobby's family and friends during this difficult time.|
2020 WEFTEC Operations Challenge Teams,
|2019 Event||Last Change|| |
|Process||2019 Event Description||9/1/19|
|Laboratory||2019 Event Description and Judge Sheets Updated||9/3/19|
|Safety||New Safety Equipment Information ||10/15/19|
|Maintenance||2019 Event Description update||1/28/19|
|Collections||2019 Event Description update||7/29/19|
Jim, Brenna, and I would like to thank you all for your participation in the WEFTEC 2019 Operations Challenge competition. The hard work and dedication you demonstrated to participate in this unique skills competition is a testament to you and your utilities dedication to professionalism and service.
Besides continuing the tradition of being the premier showcase event at WEFTEC. Over the next year our goals are to have:
- Increased and open communications with teams and MA’s.
- We will continue to utilize the excellent resource of RMWEA for distribution of rules and event updates.
- Our committee will be in contact with the MA’s Op’s Challenge leaders to serve as a resource.
- Quarterly calls with our event coordinators.
- Encourage increased communication between coordinators and their judges.
- Increase the committee size and redistribution of duties
- We will need approximately three new committee members to assist with behind the scene assignments.
- Create a program manual detailing requirements, timelines and duties to allow for a seamless transition in leadership positions.
Just as your team works hard to be the best, your committee leadership is committed to continuous improvement and will work hard to make our visions a reality.
Brenna and I are both proud to be servant leaders and will gladly assist in anyway practical. If you know of someone that may be interested in joining our committee or have question or comments please email us at:
Vice Chair, Brenna Durkin – bdurkin@Englewoodco.gov or Chair, John Bennett – Bennettj@trinityra.org
I hope to see you all at WEFTEC 2020 in New Orleans!
Operations Challenge Chair – 2019/2020