National Operations Challenge Team Resource Center
Hosted courtesy of the RMWEA
This website is provided for Operations Challenge teams to get information directly from the WEFTEC Operations Challenge event coordinators. To navigate within the OCRC use just the links in the main, white background area. Using the links on the top of the pages will take you into the RMWEA website.
2019 Link to Dropbox Competition Pictures
WEF’s highest priority is the safety and well-being of our members and customers, including how we can best serve your needs. We anticipate that WEFTEC will still be held October 3 to 7, 2020, in New Orleans, Louisiana as planned; however, due to the evolving situation regarding COVID-19 no member associations have yet had an opportunity to host an Operations Challenge qualifying event. Therefore, we will be using the 2019 safety event for the 2020 year, with the exception of incorporating the Drager X-am 2500 gas monitor.
2020 WEFTEC Operations Challenge Teams,
|2020 Event||Last Change|| |
|Process||2019 Q&A posted|
Link to 2020 Hydromantis simulator
2020 Event Description published
|Laboratory||Updated Lab procedure||1/13/20|
|Safety||New Event Description (2019)|
|Maintenance||Uploaded 2020 procedure||2/21/20|
|Collections|| || |
Jim, Brenna, and I would like to thank you all for your participation in the WEFTEC 2019 Operations Challenge competition. The hard work and dedication you demonstrated to participate in this unique skills competition is a testament to you and your utilities dedication to professionalism and service.
Besides continuing the tradition of being the premier showcase event at WEFTEC. Over the next year our goals are to have:
- Increased and open communications with teams and MA’s.
- We will continue to utilize the excellent resource of RMWEA for distribution of rules and event updates.
- Our committee will be in contact with the MA’s Op’s Challenge leaders to serve as a resource.
- Quarterly calls with our event coordinators.
- Encourage increased communication between coordinators and their judges.
- Increase the committee size and redistribution of duties
- We will need approximately three new committee members to assist with behind the scene assignments.
- Create a program manual detailing requirements, timelines and duties to allow for a seamless transition in leadership positions.
Just as your team works hard to be the best, your committee leadership is committed to continuous improvement and will work hard to make our visions a reality.
Brenna and I are both proud to be servant leaders and will gladly assist in anyway practical. If you know of someone that may be interested in joining our committee or have question or comments please email us at:
Vice Chair, Brenna Durkin – bdurkin@Englewoodco.gov or Chair, John Bennett – Bennettj@trinityra.org
I hope to see you all at WEFTEC 2020 in New Orleans!
Operations Challenge Chair – 2019/2020